pH Test Strips
pH test strips are semiquantitative and give accurate estimates within 0.5-1pH units while litmus paper is qualitative & simply changes color.
pH strips come with various indicators & color charts that can give some indication of relative acidity or alkalinity. Red litmus paper turns blue for alkaline & blue litmus turns red indicating acid; a simple test that gives no indication of the degree of acidity/alkalinity.
pH test strips on the other hand are formulated to work either in just the acid or alkaline range or both. They can be made to work in very narrow ranges (2-3 pH units) or quite wide ranges (1-14) with measurement intervals of 0.5 or 1.0 pH units. This is ideal for science fair experiments, water testing, urine, saliva, salsa, etc. but cannot match the 0.1 pH resolution offered by pH meters.
- fast response time-just seconds
- litmus paper in strips or tear off pads
- pH strips in acid or base; acid & base
- pH strips wide range 1-14; narrow range of only 2-3 pH units
- pH single pad & triple pad versions